- Last modified at 4 February 2016
Department of Biology has lecture-halls, seminar rooms, computer rooms, laboratories, main library, and reading rooms, which integrated under the university management and relevant with the teaching-learning activities. There are 13 lecture-halls which are spread in one building under Faculty of Animal Sciences and Faculty of Fisheries and Marine Sciences management. These lecture-halls functioned as the seminar rooms as well. These lecture-halls are enough for the capacity of 100-150 students and equipped with desktop computers, LCD projectors, projector screens, whiteboards, and sound systems. In addition, each lecture halls has an air conditioning and fan. The reading room for student are located in Department of Biology. Furthermore, we have in total 20 laboratories for laboratory work implementations.
- Bio 1
- Bio 2
- Bio 3
- Bio 4
- Bio 5
- Tissue Culture Teaching Lab
- Basic Biology Lab (at CCR Teaching Lab Building)
- Research Lab for Herbarium and Plant Taxonomy
- Research Lab for Micro Technique and Plant Anatomy
- Research Lab for Animal Function
- Integrated Reserch Lab
- Research Lab for Tissue Culture
- Research Lab for Microbiology
- Research Lab for Mycology
- Research Lab for Plant Physiology
- IPB Culture Collection
- Research Lab for Animal Biosystematics & Ecology
- Research Lab for Animal Biotechnology and Biomedic (at PPSHB Building)
- Research Lab for Tissue Culture (at PPSHB Building)
- Biotechnology Research Indonesian-The Netherlands (BIORIN) lab (at PPSHB Building)
Each labs equipped with common lab equipment or facilities such as workbench, lab stool, washing stand, cabinet, student locker, desk, chair, instrument cabinet, glass apparatus, and whiteboard. Air conditioner devices also installed in each labs. Research labs equiped with special instruments needed by user who conduct their research there.
WiFi Access, Management room, Laboratory assistant/techinician room, Storage room, Student toilet, Kitchen, Pray room, Greenhouse, Mushroom house, Student reading room, Biology seminar room, and Student club room.
Some facilities are managed by IPB, such as, University Farm, IPB Central Library, IPB computer room, Polyclinic, Cafetaria, Field station, Language training unit, Bicycle shelter, Campus Bus, Sport facilities, and Student Dormitory
Based on IPB building masterplan, Department of Biology planned to have a new building that will be completed in December 2015. The building will accommodate the needs of current academic activities. This development is to get better quality in academic atmosphere and services, research facilities and activities, in following the current development of biological sciences knowledge and research trend. As part of development, a new auditorium (FMIPA) is also planned to be built. The auditorium will be used as common place for gathering, student lecture, stage performance, or special event such as seminar event.
Map and Facilities
We store the picture of our facilities at the link below: