- Last modified at 23 July 2021
The 4th International Conference on Biosciences (ICoBio) and
The 17th National Congress of Indonesian Biological Society (PBI) 2021
Theme: Bioscience Innovations for Sustainable Development Goals
Date: 11-12 August 2021
Media : Zoom Meeting
It is undeniable that biosciences play a pivotal role in every aspect of life. Biosciences have been translated into various inter and trans-disciplinary fields, leading to practical solutions to sustainable development goals (SDGs).
Indeed, today we are facing severe issues including poverty, food and feed security, healthcare issue, energy scarcity, global warming, biodiversity loss, and others. Integration of biological field with engineering, information technology, economy, and social sciences may serve as potential strategies to combat such challenging issues.
As part of the global scientific communities, Department of Biology, IPB University facilitates researcher, practitioners, students, academicians related to the field of biosciences worldwide to gather and share information, ideas, knowledge, and research results on the 4th International Conference on Biosciences (ICoBio), held on 11th-12th August 2021.This year, ICoBio will be held as an online seminar with the main theme of "Bioscience Innovations for Sustainable Development Goals", which will serve a fruitful atmosphere of scientific meeting that represents our best efforts in facing today's challenging issues.
- [2 July 2021] IOP guideline meeting recording: ipb.link/icobio-pbi-ioprecording
- [28 June 2021] Abstract announcement for presenter who willing to publish in IOP: ipb.link/icobio-pbi-iop-presenter
- [28 June 2021] Abstract announcement for presenter only: ipb.link/icobio-pbi-presenter
- [28 June 2021] List of participant only: ipb.link/icobio-pbi-po
- [28 June 2021] IOP guideline meeting (for presenter who willing to publish in IOP):
Date and Time : Thursday, 1 July 2021, 04.00-06.00 pm (GMT+7 Jakarta Time/WIB)
Media : Zoom
Meeting ID: 941 8585 2746
Link: ipb.link/icobio-pbi-iopmeeting or https://bit.ly/icobio-pbi-iopmeeting
- Open registration : 8 February- 7 June 2021
- Abstract last submission : 7 June 2021
- Accepted abstract announcement: 28 June 2021
- IOP Guideline Meeting (Media: Zoom): Thursday, 1 July 2021, 04.00-06.00 pm (GMT+7 Jakarta Time/WIB) (Link: ipb.link/icobio-pbi-iopmeeting or https://bit.ly/icobio-pbi-iopmeeting)
- Early payment due date : before 12 July 2021 (for Presenter with IOP publication nominee, will just need to pay the “presenter only” fee to this deadline)
- Full paper submission due date : 19 July 2021 (submit here: ipb.link/fullpaper-icobio2021)
- Last payment due date : before 26 July 2021 (for Presenter with IOP publication nominee, will just need to pay the “presenter only” fee to this deadline)
- Presentation materials submission : 9 August 2021
- Conference date : 11-12 August 2021
- Publication peer review 1 process : 19 July - 13 August 2021
- Publication peer review 2 process: 24 August – 5 September 2021
- Publication payment due date: 23-28 September (“Publication Fee” = Presenter with publication (IOP Index Scopus) fee - Presenter only fee)
- Announcement the acceptance letter for publication : 23 September 2021
- Registration and abstract submission : ipb.link/icobio-pbi-iop-presenter
- Abstract template: ipb.link/icobio-pbi-abstract-template
- Template and guideline for IOP proceeding manuscript: ipb.link/icobio-pbi-iop-template
- Template for publication ethics statement: ipb.link/icobio-pbi-pub-ethics-stat-iop
- Full paper submission : ipb.link/fullpaper-icobio2021
- Payment confirmation form : http://ipb.link/icobio2021-paymentform or http://bit.ly/icobio2021-paymentform
- IOP guideline meeting (Media: Zoom): ipb.link/icobio-pbi-iopmeeting or https://bit.ly/icobio-pbi-iopmeeting
- Payment confirmation form: http://ipb.link/icobio2021-paymentform or http://bit.ly/icobio2021-paymentform
|Domestic (IDR)||Overseas (USD)|
|Presenter with publication (IOP Index Scopus)*||200.000 + IOP Publication Fee||250.000 + IOP Publication Fee||50 + IOP Publication Fee||70 + IOP Publication Fee|
- PBI's member discount *IDR.100.000, and **IDR. 50.000
- IOP Publication Fee:
A. Domestic: IDR. 800.000 and IDR. 950.000 for early and last payment, respectively
B. Overseas : 50 USD both for early and last payment
C. IOP Publication Fee is paid after full paper acceptance
Please confirm your participation, complete the registration form and submit the presentation payment before 26 July 2021. You will be asked to complete your IOP publication fee once we have announced the acceptance paper for publication on 5 September 2021.
Bank account number: 3898498
Account: REKTOR IPB C/Q KS-FMIPA
Swift Code: BNINIDJABGR (for abroad payment system).
For overseas participants, payment via WISE is allowed (procedures: click here), then please upload proof of payment through the following link.
For those PBI and international participants, please kindly submit a copy of:
1. PBI member-card, or
2. overseas student card/overseas workplace identity/passport.
Participants with paper are requested to send the abstract of the link below at latest on 7 June 2021. The author shall certify that the abstract submitted to the committee has not been published or presented elsewhere.
1. Biodiversity, Conservation Biology, Climate Change
2. Bioprospecting, Health Issues, and Industrial Biology
3. Omics, Bioinformatics, and Computational Biology
4. Techno-biology and Bioengineering
5. Smart and Sustainable Agro-maritime
Type of Presentation : Oral Presentation
A. Biodiversity, Conservation Biology, and Climate Change
Biodiversity and conservation biology become the outcome of scientific studies searching for social and economic benefits and its correlation with climate change issues. This topic includes (1) Genetic biodiversity (study at gene level); (2) Species biodiversity (the study of varieties of species in nature); (3) Ecosystem biodiversity (species diversity with their habitats); and 4). Climate change (how climate change impacted nature sustainability, biodiversity loss, and conservation biology). Biodiversity, conservation biology, and climate change issues can also be the basis to analyse and answer the sustainable development goals criteria: (1) in basic & social sciences (taken from nature's perspective and understanding); (2) as the backbone of applied sciences (agriculture, aquaculture, animal husbandry, forestry. etc.).; (3) basic development knowledge to better land-use pattern; (4) bio-resources utilisation; (5) societal and cultural context (based on local/global biodiversity); (5) human development; (6) basis of general law (biodiversity & biology as the basis of dynamic stabilisation law in complex systems).
B. Bioprospecting, Health Issues, and Industrial Biology
Bioprospecting, health issues, and industrial biology focus on the exploration of natural sources. It includes small molecules, macromolecules, and genetic materials. These natural sources can be developed into commercially valuable products in agriculture, bioremediation, health issues, cosmetics, and pharmaceutical industries. Industrial biology is mainly based on a process that uses a complete living cell or their components (bacteria, enzymes, chloroplast) to obtain desired products for a sustainable life.
C. Omics, Bioinformatics, and Computational Biology
Omics, Bioinformatics, and Computational Biology focus on the main study on how biological problems are interpreted and analysed and the application of solutions to problems using bioinformatics. The biological problems in this topic Including (1) genetics; (2) epigenetics; (3) genomics; (4) proteomics; (5) metagenomics; (6) transcriptomics; (7) phylogenetics; (8) metabolomics; (9) systems biology; (10) structural analysis; (11) molecular modelling; (12) pathway analysis; (13) computational bioengineering; (14) computational biomechanics; (15) computational bioimaging; (16) mathematical biology; and (17) theoretical biology.
D. Techno-Biology and Bioengineering
Techno-biology and bio-engineering focus on the application of technology to biosciences, such as in: biomedical/biosystem/biochemical (neurostimulator, derived stem cells, testing and measuring of nanoscale features, regenerative medicine, diagnostic tests, antimicrobial nanoparticle, tissue integrity, health monitors, nano solar cells, protein characterisation, cell phenotype; nanoparticle medicine, drug delivery); electrical/bio-synthetics (3-D Imaging, robotic, ultrasound, nanoprobes, injectable bio, material biocompatibility, embedded transceivers, thermal design of buildings); mechanical/biosensor (haptics-sensing/manipulating objects through touch, exoskeleton using an external anatomical device that supports/protects a body, body motion in harvesting energy for microbial fuel cells, artificial disc/intelligence, pollution control to global warming).
E. Smart and Sustainable Agro-Maritime
Smart and sustainable agro-maritime focus on the topic includes: (1) satisfying human food and fibre need; (2) enhance environmental quality and the natural resources in land and water; (3) natural biological cycles and controls; (4) sustain the economic viability of farm operation; and (5) enhance the quality of life for farmers/fisher and society to conclude the criteria of sustainable development goals. This topic also including agro-maritime technology using the agricultural drone, satellite photography and sensors, IoT-based sensor networks, phase tracking, weather forecasts, automated irrigation, light and heat control, intelligent software analysis for pest and disease prediction, as well as soil management and other involved analytical tasks, and other agro-maritime biotechnologies.
- Paper will mainly be published in: IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science (Scopus Indexed Proceeding)
- Selected paper will be published in :
1. HAYATI Journal of Biosciences (Scopus, Q2 in Agricultural and Biological Sciences)
2. Microbiology Indonesia (Sinta 1)
3. Jurnal Ilmu Pertanian Indonesia (JIPI) (Sinta 2)
4. Jurnal Biologi Indonesia (Sinta 3)
- Keynote Speakers:
- Prof. Bambang Permadi Soemantri Brodjonegoro, Ph.D, Minister of Research and Technology/ National Research and Innovation Agency of Republic Indonesia (Topic: Bioscience Innovation as a Driving Force for the Nation’s Competitiveness)
- Johannes Kieft, M.Sc, United Nation Environment Programme Indonesia (UNEP) (Topic: Biodiversity - Ecosystem Services Network for Green Economy and Land Use towards Sustainable Development Goals)
- Invited Speakers:
- Prof. Dr. Amin Soebandrio, Ph.D, Sp. MK, Eijkman Institute for Molecular Biology, Indonesia (Topic: Development and Efficacy of 'Merah Putih' Covid-19's Vaccine)
- Prof. Dr. Henry T. Nguyen, University of Missouri, United States of America (Topic: Frontier Genomic Technology in Crop Improvement)
- Dr. Héléne Quach, CNRS, Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle, Universite de Paris, France (Topic: Population Variation in Immune Responses: Towards an Increased Understanding of Infectious Diseases)
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Mohammad Noor Amal Azmai, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Malaysia (Topic: Biodiversity Conservation of Freshwater Fishes)
- Dr. Teerasak E-kobon, Kasetsart University, Thailand (Topic: Understanding Microbial Pathogenesis in the Omics Era)
- Prof. Dr. Ir. Tatik Chikmawati, M.Si, Department of Biology, IPB University, Indonesia (Topic: Molecular Systematics of Food and Medicinal Plants in Malesia)
|11 Agustus 2021 (GMT+7 Jakarta Time)|
|13:10-13.25||Welcome speech (Rector, Vice Rector or Dean)|
|13:25-13.40||Art performance and Photo session|
|13:40-15:40||Keynote and Invited Speaker Presentation|
|13:40-14:10||Keynote speaker 1 (Prof. Bambang Permadi Soemantri Brodjonegoro, Ph.D)|
|14:10-14:30||Invited Speaker 1 (Prof. Dr. Ir. Tatik Chikmawati, M.Si)|
|14:30-14:50||Invited Speaker 2 (Dr. Héléne Quach)|
|14:50-15:10||Invited Speaker 3 (Dr. Teerasak E-kobon)|
|15:50-17:50||Parallel Session I|
|19:00-22:00||Congress of Indoensian Biological Society|
|12 Agustus 2021 (GMT+7 Jakarta Time)|
|08:00-09:50||Keynote and Invited Speaker Presentation|
|08:00-08:30||Keynote speech (United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), Indonesia)|
|08.30-08:50||Invited Speaker 1 (Prof. Dr. Henry T. Nguyen)|
|08:50-09.10||Invited Speaker 2 (Prof. Dr. Amin Soebandrio, Ph.D, Sp. MK)|
|09.10-09:30||Invited Speaker 3 (Assoc. Prof. Dr. Mohammad Noor Amal Azmai)|
|10:00-12:00||Parallel Session II|
- ICoBio 2015 | Proceeding ISBN 978-602-71168-2-5 Download Link
- ICoBio 2017 | Proceeding IOP Download Link | Conference
- ICoBio 2019 | Proceeding IOP Link | Conference
The National Congress of the Indonesian Biological Society is the highest power holder of the Indonesian Biological Society which is an indicator of the existence of a professional organization and is very important that it can be held every four years. The National Congress of the Indonesian Biological Society functions as the main vehicle for professional organizations as stated in the Articles and By-laws, thus the Report of the Central Executive of the Indonesian Biological Society for the 2017-2021 period becomes a record documenting the realization of the agenda and planned activities during the management period of the Indonesian Biological Society which mandated by members at the previous National Congress of the Indonesian Biological Society.
The report of the Central Executive of the Indonesian Biological Society can serve as an evaluation material in assessing policies and performance of the Management during the 2017-2021 period so that it can be used as material for consideration in making decisions and establishing various policies and formulating organizational programs by the management of the Indonesian Biological Society in the coming period.
11 August 2021 (Time : GMT+7 Jakarta Time)
|19.35 -19.50||Discussion & Ratification the Rules of the National Congress|
|19.50 -20.00||Election of Chairperson of the Session|
|20.00 -20.30||Accountability Report from Chairman of PBI 2017-2021|
|20.30 -21.30||Discussion and Determination of PBI Branches as:|
|- Organizer of the National / International Seminar in 2023|
|- Organizer of National / International Seminar and PBI Congress|
|21.30 -21.45||Ratification of PBI Accountability Report|
|21.45 -22.15||Chairman & Secretary Election for the 2021-2025 Period|
|22.15 -22.25||Conclusion of the PBI National Congress|
|22.25-22.40||Handover of PBI Committee for the 2017-2021 Period to PBI Committee for the 2021-2025 Period|
|22.40 -23.00||Speech from the Chairman of PBI 2021-2025 Period|