- Last modified at 22 October 2018
Antibiotic resistance, gene editing, stem cells, and cloning are some of the hot biological issues in the world nowadays. The support of various molecular techniques, omic approaches, and detection tool of new molecules makes biology and its various branches grow rapidly. Studying biology is said to be a key to dealing with medical, agricultural and even economic problems. Studying biology is the same as preparing to face a new world that will continue to change.
The Department of Biology, Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, Bogor Agricultural University has 7 quality Study Programs in the form of Biology Undergraduate Study Programs (ASEAN University Network-Quality Assurance - AUN QA certified, SNI ISO 9001: 2015 certified in Academic Administration Service Process and Learning Process), 3 Master Study Program, and 3 Doctoral Study Programs. The seven Study Programs that obtained A Accreditation from the National Accreditation Board for Higher Education (BAN-PT) were managed professionally, one of which was proven by Dr. Iman Rusmana achievement as the National Outstanding Study Program Head in 2016 and Dr. Miftahudin as the Most Outstanding Study Program Head in IPB in 2018.
The awards complement various Department achievements such as outstanding lecturers or educational personnel, managers of Scopus indexed scientific journals, HAYATI Journal of Biosciences, and various other student achievements.
Being part of the Department of Biology means preparing yourself to be part of a new world reformer.
Harmonizing Biodiversity, Biosciences, and Biotechnique for a better life.
Pada tahun 2022 Departemen Biologi menjadi unit pengelola pendidikan sarjana terkemuka di bidang biologi dengan titik berat pada biosains tropika yang dapat menjadi rujukan bagi mahasiswa, peneliti, lembaga-lembaga terkait, dan masyarakat luas di tingkat nasional dan internasional
- Menyelenggarakan pendidikan Sarjana Sains, Magister Sains, dan Doktor Sains dalam bidang Biologi yang selaras dengan perkembangan ilmu pengetahuan dan teknologi
- Mengembangkan ilmu pengetahuan dasar biologi sebagai landasan dalam pengelolaan biodiversitas dan lingkungan serta pengembangan bioteknologi
- Berperan aktif dalam pembangunan nasional secara berkelanjutan dan sebesar-besarnya untuk kesejahteraan bangsa Indonesia khususnya dan untuk manusia pada umumnya
With a high commitment, the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, Bogor Agricultural University is committed to improving and perfecting the system and the process of continuous learning in order to produce qualified graduates that are relevant to the needs of the community (Quality Policy of FMIPA IPB)
Collaboration and Community Services
The Department of Biology has collaborated with various domestic and foreign institutions including
- Domestic research institutions: Ragunan Wildlife Park, LIPI Biotechnology Research Center, Herbarium Bogoriense, Bogor and Cibodas Botanical Gardens, BPPT Serpong, BB Biogen Ministry of Agriculture Research and Development, etc.
- Local government: East Lombok, Gowa, Simalungun, etc.
- Domestic universities
- Universities and foreign institutions: University of Missouri-USA, IUCN, Zurich University-Switzerland, Tokyo University-Japan, Primate Research Institute Kyoto University-Japan, Nara Institute of Technology-Japan, Ibaraki University-Japan, German Government through IGN-TTRC program and CRC Program, Deutsches Primatenzentrum-Germany, Gottingen University-Germany, Kassel University-Germany, Supro Agro Montpellier-France, Chulalongkorn University-Thailand, Kasetsart University-Thailand, etc.
With these various collaborations, the Department of Biology's education and research activities are maintained in a sustainable, structured and quality manner. In fact, it is not uncommon for Biology Department students to have the opportunity to do some research abroad.
In the field of community service, the Department of Biology has collaborated with various institutions such as The Oscar M. Lopez Center-Philippines, Climate Reality Project Indonesia, various regional governments, and various secondary schools on the island of Java. Activities that have been carried out include counseling basic or applied biology to the general public, biology education to secondary school students, or becoming experts in various fields related to biology.